Smoothies are a great option or addition to your daily breakfast. So here are 5 easy to make and quick smoothies you should try out! Be prepared to get seeds stuck in your teeth though for most of these.
- Strawberry Banana. 1 cup of banana and strawberries each, half cup of milk and half cup of yogurt, a squeeze of honey and 1 cup of ice.
- Triple Berry. 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries and add 1 cup of milk and ice each. You can add sugar if it isn’t sweet enough for you.
- Peach-Mango. Start with 1 cup of frozen peaches and mangoes with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of ice.
- Strawberry. 1 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup of ice and lastly sugar to your liking.
- Spiced Pumpkin. 1/2 cup of pumpkin (canned or freshly cooked), 1 cup of milk, 1 large banana, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice. If you love pumpkin then you NEED to try this one out!
I prefer to use frozen fruit because anytime I buy fresh fruit it goes bad before I can use it, so I use all frozen fruit instead of ice in my smoothies.
Bonus Smoothie Recipe!
And one I have made up myself is Strawberry Peanut Butter Protein. I start with a handful of frozen strawberries. Then I add a LARGE spoonful of creamy peanut butter and shake in maybe 2 spoonfuls of protein powder. Lastly, I fill the blender cup with almond milk and turn it into a smoothie. If it is a little thick at the end, just stir in more almond milk. I make this one all the time after I worked out and it is seriously so easy to make!
Want more smoothie recipes? The Food Network has a list of 50 Smoothies!
What is your favorite kind of smoothie? Do you drink them in the morning or after working out? I’m curious, let me know in the comments!