Oh so ever, too relevant now that school has started, the word sleep. Whether in high school, college, or a parent, you understand the need for rest in our busy schedules. Here are some things I do to try to stay rested and on top of everything!
- I know we all love our coffee, but stay away from those caffeinated drinks in the late afternoon. It might seem like a good idea at the time but can disrupt your sleep cycle, leaving you lying in bed counting sheep.
- Having a normal sleep schedule is essential! Your body will understand when it is time to go to bed and when to wake up. Actually making it easier to get out of bed (wild, right?).
- Make time to RELAX whether that’s taking a walk on Wednesdays or reading a book everyday at lunch break. This will help reduce stress and will make you feel more rested.
- DON’T PROCRASTINATE! I can’t say this enough. I prefer to look at my schedule each week on Sunday night and make a list of what I need to do and when it needs to be done. Staying organized helps me not procrastinate. (Want more tips on organizing and decluttering? Check this out!).
- 30 minute power nap? Yes, please! Studies have proven short naps are better, especially in the early-mid afternoon! Who doesn’t love a good cat nap?!
- Lastly, get moving during the day! Those who are physically active during the day typically sleep better at night. Now you don’t have to run miles and miles a day just to feel better rested, but even going for a walk around the block can be beneficial.
What else do you do to help stay rested during busy weeks?
P.S. Enjoy these cute pictures of animals sleeping 🙂